Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Quote

I've seen other people do this on their blogs and thought it might help me get back into the swing of posting more frequently. At the very least - maybe it might spur some discourse or other thoughts worthy of blog posts.

So, today's quote:

Horace Walpole - "Life is a comedy for those who think... and a tragedy for those who feel."

I liked this, it touched me on a interesting level as I consider myself both a thinking and feeling person. I find that if I can laugh about a situation- whether the irony or just the ridiculousness of it all, then maybe it is not so bad that I can't survive it.

What are your thoughts? How do you cope with tragedy or life events? By thinking through them or feeling your way through them?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hmmm, I would say I lean more towards feeling my way through but I balance it out with thinking.

loribeth said...

Good question! I'm really not sure?? I do have the ability to see the absurd in almost any situation, no matter how tragic. There were a few moments like that the day I delivered Katie.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I feel deeply, though perhaps it is balanced a bit because I'm not sure I'd see the world as a tragedy.

I am more of a lie in bed and sob kind of girl in terms of coping.