Tuesday, May 20, 2008

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!

A heartfelt thank you to Loribeth for this award and especially for her kind words! I have known her for several years initially through emails when we were both on SPALS, some snail mail and now through our respective blogs - 9 years this fall I do believe. In an area where it is understandably easy to get caught up in the "pain olympics", she never made me feel like my losses were any less valid because they were "just" miscarriages or didn't count as much because my pregnancies were often so short. She was never any less thoughtful or kind when I had my successes than when I had my failures. If I were asked to compile a list of people I thought epitomized the word "grace" - she would be on that list.


Those I have chosen to pass this award along to are:

  • CLC from Please Give Me Back My Heart who is navigating life after the recent stillbirth of her beautiful daughter Hannah
  • Working Girl from Barren By the Bay - newly pregnant after an early loss and IVF; I love the Albert Camus quote she has on her sidebar
  • Mrs. Newt from Dear Gherkin - who knows recurrent loss all too well and totally slays me with her irreverent sense of humor
  • Searching from Searching for Hope - her tales as a NICU nurse completely captivate me and I am awestruck by her strength enduring all she goes through with her health
and lastly
  • Schatzi from From the Peanut Gallery - starting out with 5 (Five!) babies, sadly losing 2 and now halfway there with 3. Given how much bedrest she is facing she definitely deserves lots and lots of flowers . . .
I struggled keeping the list short - it could've gone on forever with the many women I have come across in the blogging world who have impressed and touched me so much.

The rules are as follows:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else

2 comments:

JW Moxie said...

Congratulations on your award and thanks for passing it on!

I really enjoyed your Show and Tell. I never had a very close relationship with my father, and I want so very much for my daughters to have the same type of relationship with their dad that you had with yours.

CLC said...

Oh, congrats. And thanks for sharing it with me. I will keep it going!