Monday, March 24, 2008

A March 23rd Not So Long Ago . . .

On a rainy March 23rd in 2005, my 12th pregnancy resulted in the birth of an 8 lb 12 oz boy. To our absolute surprise, we had conceived this little boy completely without the fertility drugs that I had to take in the past in order for me to ovulate - no follicle scans, no constant blood draws, no trigger shot. Not only had I become pregnant without all the additional help, I also did not miscarry. This would be the first time I had successful pgs back to back, typically miscarrying twice before being able to carry a pregnancy beyond the first trimester. I use to call it "priming the pump". I was in such disbelief that it could happen, I took 14 pregnancy tests over a period of almost 3 weeks - certain the tests were defective, or I was just imagining things. Sometimes past history is hard to ignore - being our first education to which we are disposed. The pregnancy was verified in my doctor's office at 8 weeks. I spent the next several weeks expecting each day to wake up to find it over. Happily this was not the case and yesterday this little unexpected bundle of joy turned three. For more of the celebration, please see my companion blog Desperate Mothering.

2 comments:

loribeth said...

Happy birthday, Adam! Julia, I remember this & how utterly stunned you were... so glad it all had such a happy ending for you. I checked out the photos on your other blog, & what a cutie. : )

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy birthday!